The annual Constructors’ Exhibition usually takes place at the March meeting of the club.
The aim of the Exhibition is to encourage home construction and to help to demonstrate that amateur radio remains a technically based pastime.
Members are invited to enter as many exhibits as they wish, which must confirm to the following rules:
- Entries must have some relevance to amateur radio.
- Entries must not have been shown at a previous CARA Exhibition.
- Entries must have been constructed within the previous couple of years or so.
- Entries must have been built or heavily modified by the exhibitor who must be a member of CARA.
- Kits built by the exhibitor are permitted.
The following awards will be available for presentation:
- The Bill Brown G5BK Cup for “The Best in Show”.
- The Pat Moore G3IKR Memorial Cup for “Innovative Construction”.
- The Roger Kendall G0UPU Memorial Cup for “Best Software or Computer Related Project”.
An exhibitor winning the same award for two consecutive years will not be eligible for that award the following year but, if rewarded by the judges, will receive a certificate instead.